Picture this, you are at the party of the year, and you meet the girl of your dreams. You’ve had a little bit to drink, and you work up the courage to go talk to her. You manage to get lucky and a few weeks later you make it official and start dating. What do you do if the woman you are now dating continues to drink and party?
Dating women who like to drink and party can be extremely difficult. On one hand, you don’t want to be over-controlling and ask her not to go out. On the other hand, you don’t want her to get drunk and end up cheating on you.
In this article, we will help you navigate how to date a party girl by showing you the signs that you are dating a party girl, how to tell if you can trust her and what to do to keep the interest of a former party girl.
How to Know If She’s a Party Girl
Before addressing how to date a party girl, it’s important to understand what a party girl is. In order for a woman to be a party girl, they need to be almost obsessed with going out to parties.
If your girlfriend goes out with friends every couple of weekends or gets drunk once a month she is not a party girl. She just likes to cut loose and have fun every now again.
However, certain indicators will let you know that you are dating a party girl. Some signs that you are dating a party girl include:
- She MUST find a party every weekend evening
- Her partying extends to the weekdays
- She seems to know everyone at a party she takes you to
- She doesn’t want to ever go on a one-on-one date
- She only ‘comes alive’ when drinking
- She is self-centered
- She is experimenting with drugs
If you are reading this and it sounds like a girl you are dating, don’t panic. There are some instances where dating women who like to drink and party can work.
Also Read: Relationship Red Flags and Deal Breakers
Can You Trust a Party Girl?
Parties are often associated with booze, drugs, and hookups. This isn’t the ideal scene for a budding relationship. However, there are instances when you can trust a party girl.
When You Can Trust a Party Girl
While excessive partying in a relationship should be approached with extreme caution, there are circumstances where your relationship could flourish with a party girl. These include:
- If you are still in your 20s – People like to party when they are younger. If you are lucky enough to find the love of your life in your 20s it’s okay if she likes to party. Holding her back at this stage may end up in a break-up.
- If she always invites you –If the girl you are dating always invites you to the party, she might just like to party. She wants to spend time with you and isn’t looking to hook up with another guy.
- She’s open to change – If you are uncomfortable with her partying habits talk to your girlfriend about it. If she’s open to setting limits or changing her habits, then chances are she’s trustworthy.
It’s also important to consider your habits. If you’re partying every weekend with your friends, then it’s hardly fair to deem a girl untrustworthy if she parties as well.
When You Cannot Trust a Party Girl
Unfortunately, sometimes party girls just can’t be trusted. They are addicted to the adrenaline of a party and can no longer control their own habits.
Here are a few signs when a party girl can’t be trusted:
- She’s an alcoholic – If your girlfriend gets blackout drunk every couple of nights at a party and doesn’t remember most of the night she can’t be trusted.
- She doesn’t want you to attend – If your girlfriend doesn’t want you to attend a party it’s a huge red flag. She’s probably interested in another guy attending.
- She hides her habits – If she gives you few details about her parties or even lies about going to them, then she is obviously hiding something she doesn’t want you to know.
If you truly like a girl that is a party girl then don’t immediately break up with her because she exhibits signs of being untrustworthy. Talk to her about your concerns. If she’s willing to change, there might still be hope.
Dating a Former Party Girl
If you are dating a girl who used to party a lot it’s important to give her time and space to change. It is never easy to change a habit cold turkey.
Here are some things you can do to build a strong relationship with a former party girl:
- Go to parties together
- Agree on how many nights a month you each can party with friends
- Discuss rules when going to parties (i.e. be home by 1 am, respond to texts within 20 minutes, etc.)
- Pick specific nights that are reserved for one-on-one dates
The key when dating a former party girl is to show her that your relationship can be just as fun as her former partying life. When dating women that like to drink and party, If you set limitations and respect each other’s needs, you can build a lasting relationship.